Book your place at any of our ASD-STE100 training locations worldwide: Germany, the Netherlands, Finland, and Russia
Training & workshop highlights
ASD-STE100 Simplified Technical English (STE) is a controlled language that is used to write technical manuals in such a way that they can be more easily understood by an international audience. Our global training workshops equip technical communication professionals with the right STE writing skill sets to create technical content that is user and reader friendly, hence easier and more cost effective to translate.
Often a formal requirement for aircraft and defence maintenance documentation, STE can easily be adapted to all technical industries. Ms. Shumin Chen will teach participants how to correctly and effectively use STE in practice. She will also address some of the mistakes commonly found in technical writing and the frequently incorrect use of common STE writing rules.
“I am glad to say the STE course attended by my team was really satisfactory. Feedback is very positive and we will be interested in repeating the experience in the near future.Top Qualities: Personable, Expert, On Time” Felix Donoso, Translation Manager, arvato technical information S.L.
This course introduces STE training participants to the creative process of using a controlled English standard whenever possible to achieve consistent results.
- Practical overview of ASD-STE100 Simplified Technical English
- How STE helps both native & non-native speakers of English
- Writing rules and how to apply them in practice
- How to use the general vocabulary
- How to deal with industry-specific terminology
- How to use STE for various documentation types
- How to implement STE with minimal disruption to on-going production and existing documentation
- Hands-on STE editing and review
* Shufrans also offers customised ASD-STE100 training solutions tailored to meet your specific requirements. These courses are normally provided on site or at our offices in Singapore.
To register, use the ‘Register’ link tab above, or email us at email@example.com.